LSD lands one student in hospital

LSD+lands+one+student+in+hospital

Von Lanier

An NMU student was hospitalized yesterday evening after exhibiting “extremely violent behavior” triggered by LSD, NMU Public Safety officials said.

A campus-wide e-mail was sent out to all students warning them of the dangerous drug LSD, which is also known as “acid” that has made it’s way on campus. The e-mail said the “acid” the student took caused them to become uncontrollable with extreme violent behavior.

The student was hospitalized after the outbreak and eventually arrested.

Public Safety is urging students to be cautious of their surroundings and anything that someone gives them to consume, such as food or drinks.

Anyone with any information on the distribution of illegal drugs is asked to contact the Public Safety and Police Services Department at (906) 227-2151. Reports can also be made on an anonymous tip line, at nmu.edu/crimetips.